Match Reports 2004-05

Archive Index


4 May BTFC 1-4 Desborough Town

Buckingham's charge up the table was halted as out of sorts Desborough sprang a surprise at Ford Meadow. Ben Baines gave Ar Tarn the lead on the hour and goals either side of half time effectively sealed their win. Tony Page scored a second two minutes before the break with Grant Mawby making it three in the first minute of the second half. Page scored his second after 74 minutes with Craig Caldwell-Smith netting a 78th minute consolation for the Robins.

Taken from the FootballMitoo site.


30 April BTFC 5-1 Yaxley

With the season drawing to a close the Robins are giving a peep as to what can be expected at Ford Meadow next season. This game manager Morell Maison said can be summed up for the football played from the 55th min to the 85th, not forgetting the Robins went 2-0 up in the first twenty mins. The first coming from a passing move included Paul Stanley, Junior George, Dom Marsala, Femi Dada, Moses Olaleye and finished by Rory Hunter. A back pass saw Moses close down the keeper and deflect the ball into the net for the second, though the Robins could and should have had more it was not until they returned to a more familiar line up did they start to cut Yaxley up with a display of pass and move football. Lance G King returned to defence allowing Junior back into midfield, Craig switched with Moses and Abdul moved into the front line. The crowd were duly entertained, the move of the game was finished by Junior George, But Lewis Reid finished off a similar quality move moments later. Dom Marsala followed up his man of the match performance away at Stotfold on Thursday night with the goal of the game, struck with the outside of his boot from a narrow angle. A penalty conceded in the final mins. did nothing to dampen the Robins ardour, Maison said when I looked around the ground in this period of play and saw all the fans enjoying what they were seeing I was happy. My biggest job is to not only keep this squad but to also add the three players that are missing, we also were without our three senior players today in Skipper Stuart Blaik, Ruben Max Grant and Sean Griffiths
Counting Ben Reid we are in great shape, I would like next season to start next week, I am excited about the coming season and feel the ground work put into rebuilding the team has been solid and will bear fruit next term, there are of course Desboro' and Harrowby home and away respectively to finish this campaign, but the planning for next season started weeks ago.
Posted on the message board by Sue Horton.


28 April Stotfold 1-2 BTFC

A host of first team players continued to be absent due to Injury and unavailability.
Lance G King, Ruben Max Grant, Abdul Abdi, Junior George, Sean Griffiths.
In came youngsters, Paul O,Driscoll, and Dom Marsala, The Robins still had a balanced team and this was to prove a factor as the events unfolded, an open 10 mins saw the Robins fall behind to a well worked if slightly fortunate goal by Wes Byrne, the fortunate being the build up, the finish was excellent. This spurred the Robins on and saw a period of football were the young guns played some exciting football,
Craig hit the bar, Lee Orcheston hit the post and missed a one on one with the keeper, it was just a question of time before the Robins scored, half time came and went no goals, a decision to change the game brought three points. Manager Morell came on for Willem Kone, Craig switched to the right, Moses up front, result panic in the Stotfold defence, a Maison shot went past the post and another went very close to opening the account. The equalizer duly arrived, good approach play and a Moses strike 1-1 , with Dom Marsala strong down the left. Femi, Rory and Moses had too much quality for Stotfold a deep corner saw the Stotfold defence all at see for Ian Trott to rifle in the winner, Maison said in 5yrs this is my first win here and it was achieved by the boys showing their character as well as their obvious quality. The back three of Stanley,Trott, and Reid were superb, I have a young keeper in the making in Paul O,Driscoll, if he keeps working he will have no trouble, I am very happy with what the boys have shown tonight.
Posted on the message board by Sue Horton.


21 April Yaxley 3-2 BTFC

Buckingham set about Yaxley with intent, but an all too familiar story unfolded as chance after chance went begging.
Four clear cut opportunities in the opening 15 mins were not taken and in their first attack Yaxley opened the scoring.
A ball over the top eluding a flat defence, whilst they recovered from this early set back poor defensive play saw the Robins concede two more goals, though it must be said the goals came very much against the run of play, as Buckingham's football had Yaxley chasing the game, Moses, Lewis, Femi, Abdul pulling the strings in midfied had now to engineer a way back.
Second half a slight reshuffle, and Lee Orcheston pulls one back, Lee playing in place of the injured Ruben Max Grant.
Within 10mins Man of the Match Femi Dada reduced the margin to a goal as the Robins played their way back into the game, an all too familiar story this season, a disallowed goal and further missed chances saw the Robins for the third successive league game take nothing from a game they not only dominated but played excellent football. "This is becoming a saga" said Manager Morell Maison, "but whatever anybody says our defensive frailties are there to be seen, our goals against in the last 6/7 games is not good enough, and I will need to address our defensive structure throughout the team in the close season. It is hurting us.
Posted on the message board by Sue Horton.


18 April

Two league defeats back to back to teams at either end of the table had manager Morell Maison (results aside) very optimistic for what is to come, commenting on the game at
S&L Corby he said the game was dominated by my young Robins who passed Corby off the pitch what we missed were Sean, Lance, Abdul, two golden opportunities when Craig hit the post and Trotty hit the bar, numerous chances to finish this game off before two defensive errors saw us come home without any points, but I have been here before when developing teams and the last two seasons were a culmination of what went before, I know should I persuade Paul Stanley, Lewis Reid, Sean Griffiths, Martin Young, and Moses Olaleye to re-sign and am able to continue my work with Ben Reid, Lance G King, Craig Caldwell Smith, Femi Dada, and Leroy Williams not forgetting Rory Hunter, we have the basis of a side that could go on and achieve more than the side last year, we have club stalwarts, Capt Stuart Blaik, longest serving player under me Abdul Abdi, Ruben Max Grant, the returning Ian Trott and 3-4 players I have Identified to come in over the summer, all this without any discussion with Steve Beattie on what he is recommending from the very successful U18,s from which Craig Caldwell Smith has come through into a regular 1st team spot, I am sure that supporters who watched Saturdays game saw a quality that we have made our own in terms of our pass and movement, creation and a willingness to play expansive football which would not be out of place one or two leagues above where we are currently, consistency being the key missing at the moment along with one or two other elements that I only discuss with my staff, Rory and Ruben scored the goals in a game we deserved something from, but our form going into a busy week which sees us play Thurs-Sat-Tues-Thurs-Sat is good and I am sure we will pick up points and continue the team building which will see us return much stronger next season, It was great to see Ben Reid back on his feet after a couple of bad injuries, now we wish the skipper and Leroy Williams quick recoveries.
Posted by Sue Horton on the message board


BTFC 2-3 Harrowby Utd

The Arrows returned to winning ways with this Ford Meadow victory. They led at the interval thanks to a 40th minute strike from Jamie Clarke, but Buckingham replied four minutes into the second half through Rory Hunter. Clarke restored Harrowby's lead after 55 minutes and Arrows boss Graham Drury chipped his side's third from the edge of the box in the 90th minute. Reuben Max-Grant scored a Robins consolation three minutes into stoppage time.
Taken from the FootballMitoo site.


S&L Corby 2-0 BTFC

Teenage striker Michael Byrne gave S&L a glimmer of hope in their battle for survival with two second half goals which put the Robins to flight. His first goal broke the deadlock after 56 minutes after a goalkeeping error by youngster Scott Reynolds with the second arriving ten minutes from time after Junior George was caught in possession. Both Craig Caldwell-Smith and Ian Trott hit the woodwork for the Robins.
Taken from the FootballMitoo site.


BTFC 1-1 Woodford U (Lost 2-4 after penalties)

Not the way I expected to spend celebrating 5 Yrs at the helm of Buckingham town, but the football played by my young team was a credit to the club, the players , my coaching staff and club physio Andy Wright, if you watched this game it is difficult to believe that the Robins are not in the Final, though missing skipper Stuart Blaik, we welcomed back Craig Caldwell Smith, Rory Hunter, Leroy Williams, and Willem Kone Lebouf and from the first whistle we made our intentions clear, we moved the ball at pace using the width of the pitch and good inventive play as we searched for a breakthrough, this Woodford side we know can park a bus in front of goal and they did not disappoint, the first goal against the run of play came from a deep corner awarded to Woodford and turned into his own net by Lance G King, another hour would pass before Sean would have a shot to save, Moses, Lewis, Ruben, Femi and Abdul all had chances to level but Woodford held content to play the long ball game which is a permanent fixture in the UCL It seems, the equalizer came in the 30th min of the second half, Ruben getting around the back and squaring for Lewis to slot home, almost one way traffic other than the odd sortie by Woodford, but we could not find that goal, extra time more possession but no goals some excellent footie but penalties beckoned then came, first up the ever reliable Paul Stanley keeper saves, Woodford score, Craig scores as do Woodford, Willem misses advantage Woodford, Woodford miss, Moses scores, Woodford score and for the second time in 4 wks we are out at the semi-final stage in a penalty shoot out, two good cup runs, a credit to the players, we will be back next season and I am sure I will take the successes from this one into the next and ensure we will continue to play our quick passing game with the attacking flair we have become know for, thank you to all the supporters that have seen it through, we still have league games to finish and I will be looking for a strong finish and a mid table birth.
Sue Horton, taken from the message board


Deeping Rangers 0-1 BTFC

Several players either reported in unfit or were withdrawn by club physio Andy Whyte for the trip to Deeping. Stuart Blaik, Craig Caldwell Smith, Rory Hunter, Leroy Williams, Chris Wreh all unavailable late fri and Sat Morning leaving Morell with a few problems. You would never have guessed it by the performance, with Maison calling for the players to show the same commitment, heart and desire for the club that so many around the Robins have. The Robins set about erasing the dreadful performance away to Newport. Playing himself alongside Ruben, Maison led by example as the Robins fought to get 3 much needed points. In the 9th minute taking a pass from Lewis Reid Maison's deep cross found Ruben at the back post 1-0 to the Robins. Looking to build on this early success the robins attacked with Moses, Femi and Abdul instrumental in all that was good about their play. Abdul split the defence with the pass of the match and a run from Maison that should have brought a goal was intercepted by an excellent challenge. This was by no means a one way contest Deeping were dangerous on the break and the longer the first half went on started to dominate possession. Then a key moment in the match, a difference of opinion between Paul Stanley and The referee saw Paul depart (red card) the whistle followed and half time came. Regroup, second half nail biting stuff, the Robins fought to hang on to their slender advantage with ten men and should have gone further ahead as Moses, Femi and Ruben had goal bound efforts cleared off the line. Maison's work saw him in several positions to add to the tally but Deeping hung on. Moses's prompting saw him upended in the box 12 mins from time, penalty up steps Ruben penalty saved a tense last 12 then the Robins held on. A tired Maison said I am very happy, there were some excellent performances out there today, Abdul Abdi, Lewis Reid and Femi Dada worked their socks off and Lance Gentle King showed in the second half why I believe he has a big future. I asked for this performance today and the boys gave it to me, I will be asking for another on Weds, I think Andy will be busy Monday though and I am first in the queue.

By Sue Horton, taken from the message board


BTFC 2-0 Ford Sports Daventry

Missing Moses Olaleye {temperature}, Craig Caldwell Smith {car accident}, Leroy Williams {Ankle}, Willem Kone {knee}, Chris Wreh {Hamstring} the robins had to draw on there ltd reserves as they took on the leagues 5th placed team, good results against both Holbeach and Boston inc two tight games against Abingdon has the team showing the consistency that has been called for by the Management team, Ford were always going to be up against it and you have to go back 9 games to find a result in their favour, Lee Orcheston in for the missing Olaleye and Young Andy Smith making good starts, Orcheston looking to recover the form showed earlier in the season difficult when coming back from the injuries he has picked up, but on this evidence and his creation of one of the best goals seen at the meadow it wont be too long. Ruben Max Grant was last man and was pulled back in the penalty box which resulted in Paul Stanley converting the penalty. However the ref issued only a yellow card and not a red. The ref later went on to issue a red card to Ford Sports number 7 only to with draw his decision as there was some confusion over how many times their number 7 had been booked.
Andy Smith showed he has a future at 1st team level and a second half showed plenty of promise, another good showing from Rory Hunter sees the Robins youngsters in good form, old hands guided the robins to 3 points Junior George being the pick though Abdul, Blaikey and Ruben all showed their quality, Sean Griffiths rarely troubled pulled out a reflex save of quality when we looked beaten, we almost take some of his saves for granted, all in all a good day at the office, next Newport and a game that always proves difficult for us.

By Sue Horton, taken from the message board


BTFC 3-3 Abingdon United Lost 4-5 Pens

Some of the worst defending seen at Ford Meadow in a while saw Abingdon race into a 0-3 lead within 11 mins, a real slow start, but the character of this fast maturing team ensured they did not fold, a Hat-trick from the mercurial Ruben-Max Grant and towering performances from Craig Caldwell smith and the immense Junior George saw the Robins not only draw level but dominate the game with quick passing, Abingdon reduced to long hopeful balls over the top, not pretty and quite effective, chance after chance went begging and extra time came and went without the score being troubled, Penalties first up Paul Stanley Goal, Ruben missed and out we go, Craig, Lewis, and Abdul all converted their pens, unlucky on Ruben who worked tirelessly to win us the match, so on to Ford and Newport this week end and six much needed points up for grabs.
By Sue Horton, taken from the message board


BTFC 1-0 Holbeach Utd

The Robins dominated this match from the start, their incisive football leaving Holbeach to play on the counter attack. Missing Lance G King and Leroy Williams after Tues Semi final match with Abingdon the Robins handed new signing Rory Hunter his Debut, he did not miss the opportunity to underscore his quality, slotting straight in alongside Lewis Reid the two having played together for Aylesbury impressing throughout. Chance after chance was created by a fluent midfield but not taken by our strikers it was left to defender Ben Reid to break the deadlock rising above the Holbeach defence to convert a Moses corner injuring himself in the process. A concussed Ben was rushed to hospital where it was discovered he has fractured eye socket. After a consultation at Hillingdon Hospital Ben goes in for surgery on Weds, we will miss him for several weeks and wish him a speedy recovery. Chris Wreh, Moses, Lewis, Abdul, Leroy and Lance all see Physio Andy Whyte on Mon for his magic to get them ready for Wednesdays return match with Abingdon. Manager Morell said a good three points against the leagues 4th placed side, a win for them today would have kept them hot on Cogenhoe heels but we are now showing the determination needed to win games and a high league finish is at the top of my priorities. A couple more signings are needed as our injuries are causing problems, the attitude shown by the players has been very good, I was pleased with Rory Hunters Debut and he showed what talent he has, all round a good performance which moved us up 3 places and I look forward to Ford Sports next Saturday, but first there is the matter of Abingdon.
By Sue Horton, taken from the message board


Abingdon United 1-1 BTFC

A game of two contrasting styles, Abingdon's direct long ball game against The Robins passing game, the first 20 mins saw the Robins not only dominate but play some excellent football, going 1-0 up when Man of the Match Paul Stanley placed a free kick on Junior George's head at the back post, more goals threatened but poor finishing left the game open, an injury to the ever improving Leeroy Williams saw Lee Orcheston enter the fray, this detracted from the left sided play and Abingdon scored when the Robins failed to clear a cross. Full time ended 1-1. Stuart Blaik and Craig Caldwell Smith were brought off the bench and whilst both sides had opportunities, with the robins dominating possession poor finishing ensured the score remained 1-1 and though this was a stalemate the return will see an interesting game at Ford Meadow as the Robins attempt to make the final for the second year running.
By Sue Horton, taken from the message board

BTFC 2-3 Deeping Rangers

After just one win in nine outings the Robins are beginning to look anxiously over their shoulders at the relegation battle unfolding. They took the lead on the quarter hour through top scorer Reuben Max-Grant's penalty but just eight minutes later Ashley Stevens equalised for Rangers, again from the spot with home player Ben Reid red carded for the foul on Gianni Santoro. Seven minutes before the interval Ross Nichols gave the visitors the lead and they went further in front through Santoro after 46 minutes. Simon Underwood reduced the deficit after 56 minutes but Deeping held on to the points.
Buckingham: Sean Griffiths, Paul Stanley, Ben Reid, Stuart Blaik (James Patterson), Craig Caldwell-Smith, Lewis Reid, Abdul Abdi, Moses Olaleye, Reuben Max-Grant, Simon Underwood, Lee Orcheston.

Report from Football Mitoo


Woodford United 2-1 BTFC

Woodford made it three wins in four matches with this narrow victory over the inconsistent Robins. Terry Fitton's sixth minute opener for the Reds was cancelled out twelve minutes later by a Carl Standen own goal which put Buckingham on terms. Nicky Gordon was the United match winner with a decisive 66th minute strike.
Woodford: Dave Marlow, Terry Fitton, Craig Pearman, Rick Kimbell, Adam Knight, Tom Fountain, Mark O'Hara, Neil Champlovier, Ben Milner, Nicky Gordon, Carl Standen.
Buckingham: Sean Griffiths, Paul Stanley, Ben Reid, Lance Gentle-King, Wayne Mills, Lewis Reid, Abdul Abdi, Junior George, Reuben Max-Grant, Simon Underwood (Craig Caldwell-Smith), Moses Olaleye (Guillaume Kane-Lebouet).
Attendance: 50.

Report from Football Mitoo


St Neots Town 0-2 BTFC

Today's game gave us the perfect platform to continue the good form we have shown over the last four games, excluding the Bourne result. Games with St Neots are usually tight and exciting, but of late we have been getting into our stride quickly and today proved to be no exception. The Robins took control early and refused to let the pace of the game drop, passing and moving well. Countless chances were created before a rather unusual opener for leading marksman Ruben. Good work down the right by returning playmaker Jonathan Barnett saw his cross passed on to Ruben by a St,Neots defender, the finish was just reward for the Robins and soon after Craig prompted an error from a defender and finished coolly, his 4th goal in 5 games and this his second start. With Paul Stanley, Ben Reid, and Lance G King solid at the back this gave the Robins a platform to build on and Lewis, Abdul, Junior, Moses and Jonathan duly obliged. The second half saw MM withdraw both Ruben and Craig early and replace them with Wayne Mills and Simon Underwood. Simon recovering from a viral infection, little changed and the only missing element from the Robins play in the second half were goals, which their play deserved. Having secured two semi-final places in the county and league competitions the league is top priority and points need to be secured to ensure a league finish that reflects the rebuilding programme and how well these young players are doing. Role on Desborough.

By Sue Horton, taken from the message board


BTFC 2-1 Stotfold

What do I know about football management? Not a lot... As we kicked off, I said something like "bloody hell, what's Moses doing on the left, he should be on the right". Like I said, what do I know...
The right hand side was occupied by the impressive, Johnny Barnett (?) making his debut for The Robins and the midfield was dominated by Abdul, Lewis and Junior.
Game came to life in the second-half. Stotfold went ahead from close range, but Buckingham came straight back. A nice dummy(!) by Ruben let the ball run to Abdul who slotted it away from 12-yards. 1-1. Then Moses, causing havoc on the left(!) cut inside two defenders and hit a fantastic dipping shot that the keeper brilliantly turned over the bar. But Moses wasn't to be denied a goal and minutes later grabbed the winner, again going past two defenders before unleashing another good shot that the keeper could only help into the net.
We had to survive a flurry of late corners, but a good team performance sees The Robins safely into the Semi-Finals.
By Nick, taken from the message board


Reading Town 1-2 BTFC

It was a delayed start to the match due to some of the team being caught in traffic on the M4. Kick off commenced at 8.30 pm. Morell looked forward to the match with trepidation due to Moses being out injured, Simon Underwood out with the flu, Leroy Williams out with flu, Ruben injured, Meshach Cole unavailable, Sean Griffiths in the Caribbean, Blaiky and Lance both carrying injuries. The first team squad was decimated. This meant that 16 year old Paul O'Driscoll made his 2nd start for the Robins, 18yr old Craig Caldwell Smith who had his 1st senior start joined an already very young Robins squad. Paul O'Driscoll coming from the Padbury BTFC reserve team where of late he has been playing as a defender excelled throughout the match. Craig Caldwell Smith was superb in his striking role alongside Ruben, if his development continues at this pace the number 10 shirt at Buckingham is in good hands for the future.
The opening 20 mins. saw Buckingham play a controlled possession game, seeking to stifle Reading on their home pitch. A goal against the run of play saw the Robins go 1 nil down. An excellent free kick quickly taken whilst the Robins were still organising gave Paul no chance to save. But quick anticipation 11 mins. later saw Craig head into an empty net when the Reading goalie miss judged the bounce of the ball. From the moment the Robins equalised a win was always likely just a matter of when. Reading remained dangerous on the counter attack throughout the entire match but a superb run and shot hitting the cross bar from Ruben showed that the Robins could still get the win.
A defence splitting pass from Abdul Abdi, returning after a long absence saw Craig calmly slot the ball past the keeper despite pressure from a defender. Abdul quickly followed this with his shot hitting the cross bar.
The last 5 minutes were a frantic affair with Reading piling on the pressure playing 4/5 up front. The Robins defended well and kept the lead. The match ended at 11.10. The young Robins seeing us into the semi finals for the second consecutive year. We will play Abingdon United.

By Nick, taken from the message board


Bourne Town 3-1 BTFC

The new look Wakes seem to be gelling and they picked up three points in their relegation battle with an impressive win over the Robins. Debutant Gary Buckthorpe gave Bourne a 25th minute lead with a deflected shot, but they were pegged back by a Simon Underwood reply from the penalty spot after a Ryan Franklin push on the in form marksman five minutes after the interval. Miles Mason restored the Wakes' lead after 65 minutes with a cross shot which went through a crowd of players into the net. Jim Foreman made the points safe a quarter of an hour from time after rounding the keeper to score.

Report from FootballMitoo


BTFC 2-2 Newport Pagnell Town 19 January

The Robins let a two goal lead slip to be pegged back to a 2-2 draw.
Buckingham started brightly and went ahead when a low shot by Abdul squirmed under the keeper and into the net. As Newport came back into the game, the Buckingham goal led a charmed life, with Newport having two shots comeback off the post and one off the bar.
In the second half a great run and cross from Shack was converted by Simon Underwood and the Robins looked on course for a win.
That all changed when Newport were awarded a penalty after a challenge by Paul Stanley. Too far away for me to call, but the Buckingham players weren't happy and Stanley was booked for his protests. Pagnell scored from the spot. 2-1.
The equaliser came not long after with a nicely taken goal.
Got a bit scrappy after that and bordered on farce when Simon Underwood was booked for taking a quick throw-in from several yards off the pitch. The ref, after consulting with his linesman - on the opposite side of the pitch - decided to book Underwood for 'ungentle manly conduct'. Hopefully, the ref will consult his rule book and erase the booking. Checked the FA website and under rules and regulations in Law 15 it clearly states:
At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower:
has part of each foot either on the touchline or on the ground **OUTSIDE** the touch line.
(My CAPS not the FA's!!!!) And that's all it say **OUTSIDE** the touchline! Maybe there's another law elsewhere that overrides this one - if so then fair enough. But to book someone for something that wasn't even a foul throw and from which we gained no obvious advantage seems a bit harsh.
Anyway, in the great scheme of things that decision is probably not that important, but there you go!!! Shame we couldn't hold out for a win.

By Nick, taken from the message board

8 January BTFC 3-2 Cogenhoe United

Good League Cup win for the Robins!
Youngy put us one up with a great strike from the edge of the area. Simon Underwood made it 2-0 (2 in 2 for him) with a shot that squirmed over the line before being hoofed clear. But thanks to new microchip goal line technology being trialled at UCL level the goal was awarded.
Cogenhoe missed a few sitters, but we went in 2-0 up at half time.
Junior and Lewis Reid were bossing the midfield and Blaikey was having a great game at the back and we were looking good for the win, when a dropped cross was turned in for 2-1. Then you just had the feeling they would grab an equaliser and they did with a good shot a minute or so from time. Cogenhoe had lost there keeper to a knee injury by this point, but their stand-in keeper was having a good game.
The first half of extra time was quiet and it looked like we were heading for hypothermia and penalties in that order, but then substitute Craig Caldwell-Smith broke through and after what seemed like an age went round the keeper and calmly slotted home from a tight angle. Good work from the youngster and the Robins safely into the next round...
Apart from a shaky ten minutes around the Cogenhoe goals, this looked like one of the most consistent team performances in a while. Everyone working for each other.
Cogenhoe are top of the league, so does this count as a 'Cup Upset'?

By Nick, taken from the message board

3 January Northampton Spencer 2-2 BTFC

Robins looked a bit rusty in the first half and trailed by 0-1 at half time, after a well taken header by N Spencer after about 25 minutes. The home team could have been further ahead had it not been for some good keeping by Sean Griffiths and had a great shot from the edge of the area not hit the bar and gone over. Our only real chance fell to the new number 9 (sorry, didn't get his name) who glanced a header from a Paul Stanley cross wide.
Things got worse after the break as Spencer doubled their lead with a nicely taken shot after good build up play.
But Buckingham didn't give up. Craig Caldwell-Smith came on for Leroy and contributed well with some good link-up play and hard work. Looks like a good prospect for the future.
After a period of pressure, the new number 9 scored on his debut from close range.
Lewis Reid fired the equaliser, with Northampton complaining about the lack of an offside flag. Looked onside from where I was standing. Just.
Shack was unlucky not to win it for the Robins in the closing stages, doing everything right, beating the offside trap and the keeper, only to see the ball clearer off the line by some great defending from N Spencers No.4.
Thought Moses got kicked to bits with very little protection from the ref, but apart from that, it was a good game. Always better to draw coming back from 0-2 down than vise-versa!

By Nick, taken from the message board


4 December Daventry Town 1-1 BTFC

A well taken equaliser by Ruben Max-Grant salvaged a draw for the Robins at Daventry.
To be fair Daventry probably had the best of the chances in the first half, before taking the lead not long after half time.
The Robins then pressed for an equaliser and should have scored on two occassions with Ruben and Lewis Reid (sporting a quite amazing new haircut!) blasting over the bar from close range after good build-up play.
Ruben got us a point with a great equaliser - it looked like he was being fouled as falling backwards he spun and fired a shot past the Daventry keeper. After that, it was all Buckingham and we were unlucky not to snatch a win as Ruben sent a looping header just over the bar.

By Nick, taken from the message board


16 November BTFC 2-1 Daventry Town

All the goals in the second half tonight... Martin Young raced clear of the Daventry defence and calmly slotted the ball past the keeper for 1-0. Daventry hit back with a good strike from the edge of the area, although quite how the ref. failed to spot a blatant foul on Chris Wreh seconds before the goal is beyond me. robins players were certainly up in arms about the incident.
But "Youngy" got his and Buckingham's second with a good finish from close range, after the ball had spun over the Daventry defence. 2-1 Buckingham.

13 November Blackstones 2-1 BTFC

The final match at the helm for Blackstones manager Kevin Flynn saw his side end their run of eight matches without a victory. Richard Nelson struck the woodwork early on for the home side before recent recruit Kevin Ainslie gave Stones the lead after 21 minutes with a 25 yard chip and they doubled their advantage after 32 minutes through Matty Doyle who converted an Ainslie centre. Buckingham reduced the arrears through Christopher Wreh, who converted a Moses Olaleye cross after 65 minutes but Stones held on to three important points.

Report from FootballMitoo

10 November BTFC 3-2 Didcot Town

Didcot took the lead early on with a superb strike. They looked really well organised, passed the ball round really well and left us Robins fans thinking it was going to be a long night...
However, the Robins got into their stride and started playing some free flowing football of their own. The passing was good and we started to create a few openings. Ruben didn't get enough on a header and it glanced wide of the post, but he made amends minutes later when a deep cross (from Moses I think) found Ruben at the back post and he sort of chested it into the open net 1-1.
Robins were on top by half time and although things evened up a bit after the break it was Buckingham who went ahead from a Martin Young goal with about 15 minutes to go (that's 2 in 2 for 'Youngy').
Ruben added a third after the keeper dropped a harmless high ball opting to shoot when everyone, keeper included was expecting a cross. Didcot got another to make it 3-2, but there wasn't enough time left for them to push for an equaliser.
Great result, great performance... With back to back wins, Buckingham look like they are getting into their stride.

By Nick, taken from the message board

6 November BTFC 2-1 St Neots Town

The Robins went into Saturday's league match against high-flying St Neots who were unbeaten in six matches, missing several regulars and were hit by further injuries during the first half.
They trailed 1-0 at half-time and the writing looked to be on the wall.
However, they went out for the second half, rolled up their sleeves and proceeded to bombard the visitors' box and eventually achieve the 2-1 win they deserved.
Manager Morell Maison was a happy man.
"I thought we were unlucky in the first half, but I never thought we would lose it," he said.
"The passion and energy shown in the second half were first class and the team proved they have it in them to beat the best sides."
In the first half, keeper Sean Griffiths was forced to make a fine flying save from Jelly's free header while former Ford Meadow favourite Ian Trott fired only inches wide.
The visitors took the lead when Hobbs' neat through ball opened up the Robins' defence and Burrows clinically sidefooted it past Griffiths.
Town were not far behind them in that first half, however.
James Patterson had an effort blocked on the line while the lively Martin Young went close and then screwed a great chance wide after Hoggett's error had presented him with the opening.
After Griffiths had denied Harrold early in the second half, the Robins piled on the pressure and put the St Neots goal under seige.
There was a fresh crispness in their passing and a new bite in the tackling they suddenly looked a different team.
Substitute Lee Reade headed a Young cross just wide and Young headed narrowly over.
However, when the equaliser arrived it was something of a gift.
Substitute Leroy Williams drove over a cross-cum-shot from the left touchline and keeper Matt Finlay, a recent signing from Brackley Town, somehow allowed the ball to squirm straight through him.
St Neots tried to get back into the game, but the momentum was now with the Robins and they continued to pour forward.
The deserved winner came with seven minutes left. They worked it well down the right, and when the visitors failed to deal with Lewis Reid's cross there was Young on hand to apply the finishing touch.
Taken from the message board. Buckingham Advertiser report.


3 November BTFC 2-4 Alvechurch

Alvechurch worked hard as a unit and they had the better of the chances, including a fantastic first half save from Sean Griffiths.
Good free kick from Lewis Reid put us 1-0 up early on, but we didn't build on it and they levelled with a scrappy goal after the break. They went 2-1 ahead before Chris Wreh was fouled jumping for the ball in the box (a clear foul, although the sort that are usually only given in the centre of the park). Chris sent the keeper the wrong way for 2-2.
Alvechurch made it 3-2 not long after - either this goal or the second took a massive deflection to wrong foot Sean in goal. Alvechurch made it 4-2 with a penalty of their own on 90 minutes.
By Nick, taken from the message board


30 October Potton United 2-1 BTFC

Potton continue to provide evidence of their potential for honours. They quickly trailed to a fourth minute Meshach Cole opener for the Robins, but nonetheless fought back to take all three points. Gary Watts came forward from defence to level the score after 42 minutes, heading in a Paul Donnelly flag kick, and Gary Jackson won it for the Royals after 69 minutes, pouncing to score after Sean Griffiths parried a Brett Donnelly shot.
FootballMitoo report


26 October Alvechurch 0-0 BTFC AET

0-0 draw at Alvechurch in the Vase, replay on Wednesday 3rd at Ford Meadow.
If anything Alvechurch had the best chances to win it but were denied each time by excellent goalkeeping by Sean Griffiths.
We didn't create much in the way of chances on a very soggy pitch, Martin Young was unlucky not to score when he broke clear of the defence and fired wide in the first half.
Very cold night, pitch had a fantastic slope!

By Nick, taken from the message board


16 October BTFC 3-3 Potton United

The first half saw Buckingham dominating possession and the game. We created a number of chances with Moses putting in 3 crosses within the first 10mins of the game. This created defensive problems for Potton with both Chris Wreh and Martin Young coming close to scoring, Martin Young having a goal disallowed. After 25 mins and against the run of play a defensive error meant Potton scored. Just before the stroke of half time Lewis Reid equalised with a magnificent header from 30 yards.

2nd half and again Buckingham started strong, however a further defensive error allowed Potton to score again. This second goal saw Potton raise their game and they went on the attack for the 3rd. They were rewarded when their number 10 made a terrific header from outside the box - 3-1 to Potton.

Buckingham then showed a tremendous amount of character to pull back to 3-2 with a great through ball from Lewis Julius releasing Moses to cross to Chris Wreh who scored. Heads up Buckingham continued to press and were rewarded with the equaliser from Ruben Max-Grant 5 minutes before full time.

By Sue Horton, taken from the message board


2 October BTFC 0-1 Wootton Blue Cross

No panic is the message to come out of Ford Meadow after another defeat saw the Robins slip to 7th, after controlling the match the Robins could not put Wootton to the sword, and seemed to miss punch up front but manager Morell Maison explained Ruben Max Grant suffered a groin injury in last weeks defeat, Meshach starts a 112 day ban unless our appeal rejected by the Berks and Bucks is heard by the FA, Chris Wreh was pressed into action though not fully fit and Lee Orcheston started his first game for a month, it was obvious that we lacked a cutting edge up front and our approach play was not rewarded, though I am not happy to concede the points with a yet another defensive slip 7 mins. from time this new team is bedding down well, and with so many young players I expected it to take longer than it already has, we make mistakes but that will pass and I am not too unhappy with were we are, as long as we are in contention I am sure I will bring in what I need too do the job, discussions are underway with two strikers and I expect too have at least one in place for the game against Boston next wkt, areas of the team
need strengthening and as the players become available this will be done.

By Sue Horton, taken from the message board


25 September BTFC 2-3 S&L Corby

Interesting game. 2-0 up and in complete control, then let the game slip away from us.
Ruben put the Robins 1-0 up with a glancing header that the keeper fumbled into his own net. Then another headed goal by Gentle-King after a cleverly worked short corner. From here, the Robins should have taken control and gained a comfortable victory.
Instead, Corby pulled a goal back before half time, with an excellent strike from the edge of the area.
After h/t it was fairly even before Corby equalised from a quick break. Then disaster - their striker got away from Gentle-King on the edge of the box and Lance up-ended him seemingly just outside the area. However, the ref had other ideas and awarded a spot kick. Buckingham players protested pointing out that the actual challenge had taken place outside the box, but no Fulham v Arsenal style change of heart here, just a penalty which Corby converted. 2-3.
After that Buckingham pressed for an equaliser but it was one of those days where nothing went right in front of goal.
Buckingham man of the match must have been Lewis Reid who did the work of three men in midfield. Moses again operated in the middle and saw a lot of the ball, but although he continued to beat men for fun, couldn't make headway against the sheer number of Corby defenders.
Played well in patches, but seemed to lose concentration in others.
By Sue Horton, taken from the message board


22 September BTFC 1-0 Newport Pagnell T

A tough game was expected by the Robins in what is becoming a keenly contested fixture whether league or cup between these two clubs.

Manager Morell Maison left out James Patterson, Lance Gentle King, and Martin Young, giving opportunities to the returning Paul Stanley young Ben Reid, and Scott Harvey. He had no choice however with the injured Meshach Cole, Christopher Wreh and Lee Orcheston, Giusseppe Lagioia making himself unavailable, but in his own words "We have a talented squad and whichever 11 take the field I expect a result. It is fair to say that Newport ran the game in the opening 20 mins. and had young Lyons taken a gilt edged opportunity after catching the Robins defence unawares, it could have been a different result. Newport pressed hard at every opportunity and many of their challenges bordered on the illegal, two hard tackles on Moses saw Gary Flynn dismissed, which swung a finely balanced tie in the Robins favour. Patient possession of the ball kept the Robins in front, but all too often wayward passing spoilt promising moves and with Newport pressing hard the game went into extra time.

The Robins looking to stretch the game went back to their traditional wingers and the result was almost immediate, with Moses leaving two players in his wake as he put over a cross for Ruben to tuck away.

The Robins took control from this point and though Newport looked dangerous on the break they never
really threatened.

Maison summarized by saying "We could end up playing Newport another 3 times this season and I am sure Wayne Spencer will have them organized and committed. They are tough opponents and always seem to raise their game against us. We are in the next round where a lot of the big teams have gone out, and I have been able to look at a lot of my youngsters who came through this test well".

Four consecutive clean sheets, roll on Saturday then we get a rest for a week.
By Sue Horton, taken from the message board


18 September BTFC 3-0 Northampton Spencer

Meshach Cole bagged a brace to move the Robins into 4th place as they cruised to a 3-0 win with a strong performance over Northampton Spencer.

The Robins, rarely troubled by a workman like Spencer side took control from the start of the game and never looked back as Meshach's first half strike put them firmly in control. Cole in a rich vein of form could have had a Hat-trick in the first 20mins only denied by timely tackles and the run of the ball.

His was not the only performance to thrill a crowd of over 150, the deft touches and prompting of Christopher Wreh opened up the Spencer defence, whose relief at his substitution in the18th min due to injury was only temporary as Martin Young's first contribution was to side foot wide from 10yrds with the goal wide open. As the tempo of the game increased the pass and move element of the Robins game, now their trademark, took over with Young, Olaleye, Cole and Max Grant all going close, with Lewis and Jermaine's grip on midfield it was only a matter of time before the 2nd came and Ruben Max Grant finished off a sweeping move for the Robins, time and time again quick forward play set the Robins up for the 3rd and when Leroy Williams broke down the left putting in a perfect cross Martin amazed everybody by putting the ball over the bar from 6yrds. The third and final goal came when Cole applied the finishing touches to a move that typified the afternoon's play, 103 goals in a 159 games making him the leagues deadliest finisher over the last three seasons. Performances to note, skipper Stuart Blaik strong and dependable, keeper Sean Griffiths a great penalty save in the closing mins after the ref judged the otherwise faultless Lance G King of a trip in the box, Zeppe Lagioia tireless running.

Manager Morell Maison commented the foundations are being laid for the next few years and it was not only good to see the performance of the team but also the response of the fans who turned up in good numbers. The team presented the replica shirts to 60 youngsters who attended the clubs summer coaching course, it is a testament to the Ford Meadow clubs commitment to football for all in our community and the way it all continues to grow, I am very proud of my contribution, and today meant a lot to me, I also saw 4 or 5 youngsters who I am sure will represent the club in years to come, the future looks very bright.
By Sue Horton, taken from the message board


15 September BTFC 1-0 Woodford United

A hard fought victory against in-form Woodford. Shack got the only goal of the game in the first half, tucking away a chance after Blaikey had headed back across goal to set him up.

Woodford came more and more into it as the game went on, they got on top in midfield and the Robins were restricted to attacking on the break. Sean made some outstanding saves (must've been Man of the Match) to preserve our lead. Although Woodford dominated, winning most of the second balls in the middle, they looked workman like rather than title contenders, but I reckon they are a good bet for the top 3 or 4 in the UCL this season.

Thought the ref had a disappointing game tonight, quite why he booked Jermaine Daley for challenging for the ball I don't know, I'd be pretty unhappy if I'd been yellow carded for that. Then he completely missed a very late challenge on Shack just before half-time.

A good solid performance from the Robins, that see us moving quietly up the table. Roll on Saturday...

Taken from the message board


4 September Harlow T 3-1 BTFC

A keenly awaited game fell some way from where manager Morell Maison expected his team to be. Harlow not the force they once were, the same could be said of the Robins, were expected to provide stern though not overly stiff opposition. The Robins welcomed back Meshach Cole their top goal scorer over the past three seasons after his fleeting affair with Aylesbury, and from the outset impressed with some quick attacking play which as early as the 2nd min brought the first goal a move which saw Lewis Reid, Moses Olaleye, Ruben Max Grant all involved and finished by a 25yrd shot from Christopher Wreh.

It seemed only a matter of time before the second but missed chances from Wreh, Cole, Max Grant, and a quiet Olaleye were to prove expensive. Poor defending which is blighting the Robins start to the season was responsible for Harlow's equalizer. Marc Salmon received a pass just outside the Robins area turned skipper Stuart Blaik and crashed home his shot.

The Robins piled on the pressure looking for the goal to put them back in front and their play looked sharp until another defensive error put them on the back foot, Zeppe Lagioia looking to usher the ball out was caught, Salmon played the ball across the box and Lance Gentle King put through his own goal.

Harlow playing with a new found confidence then went looking for the goal that would end the tie, the Robins hung on for the break.

Second half and again the Robins looked for an equalizer just a matter of time as chance after chance went begging, the defining moment of the game came a tussle between to players, handbags, two red cards and with them the robins hope of rescuing the game. With Cole out of the game the Robins attacks became spasmodic and Harlow kept the ball very well making the Robins toil in the hot sun to win possession, when Jermaine Daley gave the ball away in an advanced position Harlow swept up field and found their 3rd goal which ended the tie, with 20 mins. left the Robins found no way back into the game and exit this yrs FA cup earlier than in the last few seasons.

Maison's comment was short to say the least, not good enough, we lacked discipline, were nave in areas, and for the first time in a long time I have to say a team of mine lacked Character. I can sort certain things out on the training field, but a few things I saw today will be sorted out in my office next week.
Taken from the message board


29 August BTFC 4-2 Kingsbury Town

A game that was always going to be a test of character, after the loss of Lance Gentle King to a foot injury picked up in the away defeat at Cogenhoe, Lee Orcheston, hamstring, Moses Olaleye suspended, Martin Young on holiday, Leon Ettiene unavailable and Alex Giscombe transferred to St Neots and midfield playmaker Lewis Reid playing with food poisoning, any form of a result was welcome, ex Arsenal and Monaco striker Chris Wreh made his debut, Leroy Williams and Kieron Carey coming in from the squad all made positive contributions, the early exchanges showed the difference in quality between the two teams and only some complacent finishing stopped the contest being over in the first 20mins Wreh bursting through in the 8th min with only the keeper to beat got the ball tied up under him allowing the keeper to make a save, he made up for it 10 mins later when beating the offside trap he ran half the length of the field to slot past the keeper, debut goal, he then turned provider for the mercurial Max grant who having spurned two easy chances made no mistake with a low shot into the bottom left, chances fell evenly to the end of the half when on the stroke off half time sloppy defending saw the Robins concede a simple goal, on resuming the Robins looked to move the game on and the 3rd came from a corner delivered by Jermaine Daley and headed in by James Patterson, too many errors saw the game fizzle out when keeper Sean Griffiths gifted Kingsbury a goal dropping a cross into the path of a gleeful forward, enter Chris Wreh for the final word, taking a short pass from Jason Blackett he spun the defender with a piece of pure magic before a pin point pass found Kieron Carey to volley the final goal, not a game for the purist said manager MM but we have players back for the trip to Harlow, we will be better than today where the result was more important than the performance, considering the players out today I am happy to be through to the next round, Chris's contribution was very valuable and his experience is going to be of great value to some of our young players.
Report by Sue Horton taken from the message board


22 August BTFC 1-1 Blackstones

A last minute goal prevented the Robins from recording a second league victory, dominating possession and creating several chances was not enough to ensure 3 pts. A Martin Young header from a deep cross supplied by Moses Olaleye looked enough as Blackstone posed no threat up front but a late equalizer ensured the Robins picked up only 1 pt for their afternoon's work.
Manager Morell looked forward to Tuesdays game with Cogenhoe saying I will now miss Lee Orcheston with a hamstring injury, but games between the two sides are always close with us having won the last three, should be a good game.
Report by Sue Horton taken from the message board


19 August BTFC 7-2 Long Buckby

A sense of anticipation was evident as the Buckingham faithful waited to see what manager Morell Maison's closed season rebuild looked like, a 2-1 defeat away to Desborough may have caused doubt but these were soon done away with as the robins, after a tentative start put Long Buckby to the sword with contemptuous ease, As the young Robins found the passing game that has now become a firm trademark the speed and power of their game was exciting to watch and with 8 new faces in the starting line up only skipper Stuart Blaik, crowd favourite Ruben max Grant and Moses Olaleye remain from last seasons team but this made little difference to the Robins and it was a well worked move that saw Ruben open the scoring in the 17th min, with Lewis Reid and Moses central to everything that was going on 7 mins later came Ruben's 2nd when quick one touch football left Buckby chasing shadows. In what was the move of the match Lee Orcheston started and finished for the 3rd goal, and when Lewis threaded a ball out to the right hand side nobody would have expected Moses to get to it, his turn of pace left him only to round the keeper and finish with aplomb. Half time and a much needed rest for Long Buckby with the Robins not wanting the break. And what was missed by many supporters, and failed by Pele in a world cup, almost achieved by David Beckham was seen at Ford Meadow last night, the start of the second half saw Lewis Reid strike the ball from the half way line into the net 5-0, goal of the season and one that won't be forgotten, a second goal from Moses which highlighted once again his speed, power, and eye for goal almost went without notice though the celebration brought us back to the ongoing proceedings. Pressure from Lee Orcheston saw a defender attempt a back pass that ended with an own goal. A deserved goal eluded the hard working Jason Blackett who hit the post with a fine header from a corner late on, relaxed play denied the Robins an even bigger margin, but on this evidence they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Sean Griffiths, James Patterson, Lee Orcheston, Stuart Blaik (Capt), Lance Gentle-King, Jermaine Daley (Lee Callingham), Moses Olaleye, Lewis Reid, Ruben Max-Grant (Kieron Carey), Jason Blackett, Alex Giscombe (Leon Ettiene).
Goals: Ruben 2, Moses 2, Lewis, Lee Orcheston, Stewart Abrahart (og)

Glen Giles, Aidrian Redman, Shane Newman, Stuary Abrahart (Ashley Linwood), Luke Dowling (capt), Patrick Roach (Justin McKenzie), Lee Botterill (Gary Thurston), John Crockett, Daniel Wright, Richard Crockett, Aidrian Mann
Goals: Justin McKenzie, Daniel Wright

Report by Sue Horton taken from the message board

14 August Desborough Town 2-1 BTFC

A rather subdued Buckingham dominated their opening match only to see 3 pts
slip away with two defensive errors, missing Martin Young, and Goalkeeper
Sean Griffiths Buckingham looked to play their passing game on a pitch with
grass 5 inches long and A referee who had to be seen to be believed,
regardless of anything the robins passed , probed and searched for the goal
that would have set them on their way but a lapse in concentration saw the
defence caught square and a simple ball over the top saw them 1-0 down, with
so much possession it was only a question of time before the goal came,
Moses, Kieron and Jason Blackett all went close with no reward, half time
came and went and still no change, a corner from Moses floated in was met
with a powerful header from Lance Gentle King 1-1 game on, the robins
probing, Desborough playing a counter attacking game there seemed no worries
when Debutant keeper Andy Stevens took a goal kick only to see his week
effort go straight to the opposing centre forward a quick pass to his strike
partner saw the ball in the back of the net before Andy could regain his
composure, 2-1 down and the robins go looking for the goal to get them into
the game, a quiet Ruben withdrawn and the introduction of Leroy Williams
and Leon Ettiene saw three chances wasted, Kieron, Jason and Moses the trio
to summarise no problem for the young robins on this showing though below
par they will be fine, shame about the points.

Desborough: Gary Munton, Bill Riddle, Nathan Mitchell, Andy Greensmith, Mark Pallett (Mark Hackett), Jimmy Simpson, Jason Singh, Glyn Davies, Matt Curtis, George Donnelly (Michael Coles), Andreas Sanders (Scott Marshall).
Buckingham: Andy Stevens, James Patterson, Lee Orcheston, Stuart Blaik, Lance Gentle-King, Jermaine Daley, Moses Olaleye, Jason Blackett, Reuben Max-Grant (Leon Ettienne), Kieran Carey, Alex Giscombe (Leroy Williams).

Report by Sue Horton taken from the message board


8 August BTFC 2 - OXFORD CITY 2
Buckingham more than matched
Oxford City in an entertaining game played at Stowe. Their pass and move game had Oxford chasing shadows for the first 45 mins. Two excellent goals, the first from Jason Blackett the second from Lee Orcheston never really reflected Buckingham's dominance in the first 45. A little bit more luck would have seen Ruben Max Grant and Kieron Carey add to the half time score line. The second half saw an even match as Oxford contested every ball. They worked very hard to impose their game on an adventurous Buckingham Town. As manager Morell Maison rang the changes in a bid to decide his strongest side Oxford took full advantage. An innocuous challenge by Moses saw a penalty awarded which Andy Stephens could do nothing about. A miss placed pass by Lee Callingham saw Oxford counter attack with speed and their reward was a well worked goal.
Summary Oxford City may find their southern league division hard work, expect Buckingham Town to be amongst the honours again this season. New team same exciting style, Maison's trade mark.

Report by Sue Horton taken from the message board


1 August: Sutton Coldfield Town 2-1 BTFC

A game where Buckingham managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, missing Ruben Max grant, food poisoning Jason Blackett, Jermaine Daley and Kieron Carey.

The Robins young guns played a brand of pass and move football that had their hosts chasing shadows for most of the afternoon, but for wayward finishing the Robins would have sewn up this game before half time, but missing their whole front line went some way to explaining why Sutton where not put to the sword, having played in a cup final the day before and winning their first trophy for eight yrs Sutton were full of spirit but could not match the Robins speed and industry.

Performances of note , Martin Young, Moses Olaleye, Lee Orcheston, Sean Griffiths, Lee Callingham, Alex Giscombe, half time 0-0 full time 2-1 Sutton. Robins goal scorer Lance

Report by Sue Horton taken from the message board


24 July 2004 BTFC v Berkhamstead Town

The match ended 3-3 The Robins goals came from Lance Gentle-King, Martin Young
and Jermaine Daily.

New signing Martin Young, was outstanding today, a more than adequate
replacement for Marcus McGillycuddy, ;who has moved to Manchester.
Performances of note, Jermaine Daily, Leon Ettienne, Jason Blackett he was
lively and aggressive and a goal poacher, and young Lee Callingham gave another a
good performance.  Lance Gentle-King only 19 years old but a man mountain.

The squad is shaping up nicely for the start of the season.

By Sue Horton, taken from the message board.