Andy Bone's Match Reports 2000-2001

Archive Index



Buckingham Town 2-2 Boston Town (at the Raunds Town ground.)

Boston grabbed a point in injury time against Buckingham to take the league title.

Boston took the lead in the 66th minute when Graham Neal was brought down by Adam Brydon in the penalty area and Ross Don-Duncan slotted home from the spot.

A minute later Meshach Cole slotted home for the Robins from close range.

With 8 minutes left Nathan Bailey put the Robins ahead after a poor goal kick from Mick Brown and poor control by Boston defender Lee Rippin.

But in injury time Boston equalized after Ian Shooter dispossessed Mark McCarthy outside the box and scored past the advancing Darren Watts.


Northampton Spencer 3-2 Buckingham Town.

Two goals in the final seven minutes gave Northampton Spencer a dramatic late
victory over the Robins, 3-2, on Tuesday evening.
Meshach Cole finally broke his goalscoring duck in the 8th minute when he
gave the Robins the lead.
Coleman equalised in the 22nd minute before Phil Morton, a new signing from
Wealdstone, grabbed his first Robins goal in the 38th minute.
With the Robins looking set for the points with seven minutes remaining,
Stratford equalised, before O'Connor scored an injury-time winner.



Buckingham Town 1-2 Blackstone. 


Report from website.


It was a case of the same old story at Ford Meadow last Saturday as Buckingham Town went down 2-1 against Mirrlees Blackstone.

After controlling the match early on and deservedly going in front, the Robins fell away later on, lost their way – and with it the points.

With Danny Nicholls prompting well from midfield, they looked by far the more dangerous side in the first half.

Nathan Bailey turned well and drove inches over and Greg Hardie headed disappointingly too high from a Meshach Cole cross before they took the lead in the 28th minute.

Nicholls’ long ball was perfectly weighted to clear the visitors’ defence for Bailey to run on to and squeeze a shot under keeper Hedger.

But the Robins failed to push home their advantage and the warning signs were there as the first half drew to a close, and keeper Andy Partlow did well to turn away Hill’s scorching free kick while Dean Chapman headed off the line from Blowers.

Into the second half, with the Robins failing to re-assert their earlier authority, Blackstone took just six minutes to level it up as Strickley turned well to drive a shot beyond Partlow and into the far corner.

And nine minutes later they were in front. The Robins’ marking was disappointing as Strickley laid the ball through the inside-right channel and Blowers finished with some aplomb.

The Robins tried hard to get back into it and much of the last half-hour was played out in Blackstone territory, but when Ruben Max-Grant’s couple of half-chances came to nothing and Abdul Aziz’ s header was saved by Hedger, it was as good as over. Another three points that had been there for the taking again slipped through the Robins’ grasp.


Raunds Town 3-2 Buckingham Town.

Despite taking the lead on two occasions, Buckingham Town suffered a narrow
defeat at title contenders, Raunds Town, last Thursday.
The Robins produced a competitive display, although it was visible in the
latter stages that they were playing their third game in six days while their
opponents had not played for ten days.
The game started with Richard Bunting shooting over from just six yards out.
As the Robins improved, Nathan Bailey showed excellent close control on his
chest before beating Raunds 'keeper, Pete Bulliman, from an acute angle in
the fifteenth minute.
James Mariner then had his shot saved by Adam Peach in the Robins' goal after
Raunds passed their way through the visiting defence.
Just three minutes before the break, former Robin, Eddie Boxford,
dispossessed Abdul Abdi and from his pass the impressive Russ Dunkley placed
a powerful sot past Peach to draw his side level.
Early in the second period, Bailey held the ball up before Ruben Max-Grant's
pass was volleyed over by Meshach Cole.
On 48 minutes Cole was fouled and from the resultant free-kick, Tony Joyce
struck a hard shot that took a wicked deflection off Mark Njotsa and flew
into the net.
Ten minutes later Raunds were again level from ex-Robins' Andy Evans' header,
following excellent wide play from Dunkley.
Peach saved well from long range efforts from Mariner and Dunkley as the home
side started to dominate.
Although Dunkley produced a glaring miss in the 70th minute, his side took
the lead for the first time in the game a minute later.
With the Robins lacking numbers in defence, Jamie Kearns crossed to Bunting
who, in attempting a shot, sliced the ball and it fell, rather fortuitously,
to Evans who shot home.
The competitive edge in the game increased with Adam Chapman and Cole both
needing treatment for fouls, while Wayne Richardson, Dunkley and Evans all
limped off following solid tackles from Bailey, Joyce and Adam Brydon.
As the game spread, due to tired limbs, Max-Grant had a good shot saved,
while a Neal Butler effort went close, although the home side held on for the
Attendance 97


S&L Corby 2-1 Buckingham Town.

Two defensive mistakes cost the Robins dearly as they were defeated in their Eagle 
Bitter League match at S & L Corby last Saturday.
Morell Maison's side did not have the best of starts to the day as the in-form 
Ruben Max-Grant was delayed in traffic and did not arrive until half-time.
Therefore Chris Camozzi was given his debut, and Adam Peach, signed to replace 
Chris Chandler, was named on the bench.
Although Maison had to amend his starting line-up, his side looked comfortable during 
the first period against their S & L Corby opponents.
The interval saw further changes enforced, this time in defence, as the reliable Tony 
Joyce had a hamstring strain and was replaced by Adam Brydon as a precaution due 
to the number of games the Robins have this week. 
In addition, Peach replaced 'keeper Andy Partlow, who had a thigh strain.
The second period started with Massimo Lagioia conceding a penalty for a foul, that, 
in turn, Gary Torrance placed past Peach.
Ten minutes later the Robins were level as Nathan Bailey latched onto a 
Dean Chapman ball over the top of the defence and calmly slotted home.
With five minutes left, Brydon's slip saw Bobby Drain advance to score past Peach 
to give his side all three points.



Cogenhoe United 1-2 Buckingham Town.

The Robins, who had won only one of their previous eleven games, beat the Eagle Bitter League title favourites, Cogenhoe United on Wednesday evening.

Ruben Max-Grant maintained his goalscoring feats by giving his side a 43rd minute opener before Nathan Bailey increased the Robins lead in the 77th minute.

James Westley grabbed a goal back in injury time, but it was the Robins who produced the surprise to return to Ford Meadow with the points.


Buckingham Town 2-2 Bugbrooke St Michaels.

The Easter Monday drawn fixture against Bugbrooke was over shadowed by the suspected broken leg suffered by Robins 'keeper, Chris Chandler. 

Chandler was taken to hospital by ambulance as the game was held up for 16 minutes while the player received treatment.

The Robins though were left to rue a number of missed chances in a game that could have been won by either side. The in-form Ruben Max-Grant showed some clever skill to give his side a seventh minute opener following great work from Meshach Cole.

A number of Robins players were guilty of not converting a string of chances in the first period, while Tony Aluko's handball in his own area was fortunately not spotted by the Referee.

Max-Grant, who impressed with his skill, set up Nathan Bailey, who forced the Bugbrooke 'keeper Tim Coleman to produce a fine full length save early in the second period.

Moments later, Sammy Dale found himself bearing down on goal following a long ball over the top. Dale had his shot was saved by the legs of the advancing Chandler, the ball ballooned into the air, and James Sweeney was on hand to head home to draw his side level.

In the 61st minute after more pressure from the home side, Abdul Abdi shrugged off two tackles before passing to the unmarked Max-Grant, who calmly slotted home.

Aaron Brennan, Cole and Max-Grant all went close with chances, as the Robins looked for a third that would give them victory, although they were containing their visitors.

Then, in the 80th minute, the game turned in three minutes.

Chandler raced out to shut down Sweeney and from the collision stayed down. The game was held up for sixteen minutes while the 'keeper received treatment before he was stretched off.

He was replaced Max Ali, while Max-Grant took the goalkeepers jersey.

After the game finally restarted, Dean Chapman was adjudged to have fouled Dale, and Andy Adam scored past Max-Grant.

Bugbrooke sensed victory in the final seven minutes, and Max-Grant was on hand to clear with his feet on two occasions.

With the visitors committing men forward, subsequently holes appeared in their rearguard, and Cole could count himself unlucky when being wrestled to the ground when he was going clear towards goal. No card was shown to Andy Roberts.

Both sides survived the final moments as they shared the spoils for the second time this season. 

ATT.: 51




Buckingham Town 3-5 Stotfold.

Buckingham Town produced a Jekyll and Hyde performance as they lost 5-3 to Stotfold at Ford Meadow on Saturday.

In the first half, the Robins started poorly as they were over run at times by their visitors. A Craig Reynolds left wing run saw him present Danny Higgins with a simple tap into give Stotfold the lead in the opening minute.

Ruben Max-Grant showed excellent quick feet to beat off three challenges before Aaron Brennan shot just over.

More Stotfold pressure would have created goals but for an excellent Tony Aluko tackle and poor finishing.

The Robins then had their best spell of the half but struggled to convert their chances. On 22 minutes, Max-Grant had a free-kick in a central position turned over by Steve Young in the Stotfold goal. The 'keeper then produced an outstanding save as he turned Meshach Cole's low shot on to a post, then saved the Brennan follow-up shot, before Max-Grant fired over. Justin Griffiths hooked wide as another long ball over the Robins rear guard caused problems.

On 30 minutes, Reynolds produced another left wing run and unchallenged shot past Chris Chandler to double his side's advantage.

Defender Adam Brydon limped off injured and was replaced by Adam Chapman, who proceeded to enjoy an outstanding display.

Whilst the defense was reorganizing, they were hit by a double whammy just before the break. On 42 minutes, an unmarked John Beale planted a header past Chandler, before Nathan Buckland had another simple tap in after Reynolds ran through from an onside position despite appeals from the home defence.

The half-time team-talk from Manager, Morell Maison, clearly worked, as the Robins looked a different side in the second period. After creating a number of good chances, Max-Grant again showed trickery before he cheekily lifted the ball over 'keeper Young on 68 minutes.

On 73 minutes Brennan picked himself up to take a free kick, after he was fouled by the right-hand corner flag, and his centre picked out Abdul Abdi, who scored from at the near post with a powerful header.

Two minutes later, in an incredible turn of events, the Robins scored their third goal. Max-Grant raced onto a long through ball and was only beaten by the 'keeper Young, who punched clear. The ball went to Brennan, who produced an audacious lob from 40 yards to score his first Robins goal.

Max-Grant then headed just wide from a corner, while Cole, Danny Nichols and Zeppi Lagioia all had shots saved.

In injury-time, with the Robins throwing men forward, the powerful Griffiths shot home to give his side a victory in a game of two halves.

ATT.: 37




Long Buckby 3-4 Buckingham Town.

A ten-man Robins' team won an incident-filled thriller at Long Buckby on Tuesday evening with an injury-time penalty.

The Robins took an eighth minute lead when Danny Nichols, defending in his own area, made a long clearance to Meshach Cole. The striker shrugged off the challenge of Simmonite before finding Ruben Max-Grant, who shot home off the far post.

On 19minutes, new signing Morton played an intelligent ball over the top of the home defence and Nathan Bailey ran through and beat the 'keeper, Poulton, with ease.

The Robins looked comfortable as they increased their advantage on 33 minutes with a carbon copy of their second goal. Zeppi Lagioia played the ball through to Bailey, who again calmly slotted past Poulton.

A minute later, Buckby pulled a goal back when Fretwell grabbed the final touch in a goalmouth scramble, although the Robins' 'keeper, Chris Chandler was clearly having his jersey pulled.

The Robins started the second half in a positive mood. On 48 minutes, Miller cleared a Morton header from a Ben Hill corner, before Bailey and Cole both had shots saved.

The game then came to life when Hill pulled Miller's shirt in the 58th minute. The Buckby full back lashed out and struck the Robins midfielder, and although Hill was booked, no action was taken against Miller. With passions running high, Fretwell latched onto another loose ball in a goalmouth scramble and further reduced the arrears when he shot home on 64 minutes.

Buckby completed an amazing comeback when the substitute, Daniels, shot past Chandler after another long through ball.

As the game simmered, Morton was fouled and lay injured in the Buckby penalty area. Although the game went on, both teams called for the ball to be put into touch so that the player could get treatment. The Robins attempted clearance into touch fell to Geary, who surprisingly proceeded towards goal, and was subsequently chopped down by Adam Bryden, who clearly felt aggrieved at the events. Play continued until the Referee stopped the game for Morton to receive treatment. The Referee then spoke to his linesman, who had earlier flagged for an infringement, and he awarded Buckby a penalty. Eales drove his spot-kick hard, but Chandler managed to palm it past the post.

With ten minutes remaining, Tony Aluko was clearly elbowed by Fretwell and he vented his frustration vocally at the Buckby forward. The Referee only spoke to Fretwell but on calling over Aluko, sent the Robins defender off for foul and abusive language.

A tense finish saw Buckby miss a number of excellent chances as they were camped in the Robins half.

Then, in injury-time, Bailey collected the ball in his own half and he beat off a number of challenges as he attacked the Buckby defence. He went into the Buckby penalty area and although he appeared to lose his footing slightly before Eales challenge, the Referee awarded a penalty. Max-Grant scored from the spot before the Referee blew the final whistle, only ten seconds after the restart, on an incredible game.



Bourne Town 4-0 Buckingham Town.

The Robins crashed to their third defeat in a week when they went down 4-0 at Bourne Town.
Chris Chandler returned in goal, Danny Nichols played after rejoining the side, and Nathan Bailey was handed a debut.
The Bourne Manager, Darren Munton, gave his side the lead in the 13th minute and double the advantage in the 42nd minute. Kris Jones then grabbed a third for the home side right on half-time.
Kevin Morris sealed the points for Bourne with a goal five minutes from time.


Eynesbury Rovers 3-1 Buckingham Town.

The Robins lost for the second time in four days at lowly Eynesbury Rovers on Tuesday evening.

White gave Rovers the lead on 21 minutes, before Hurst converted a spot-kick to double the lead four minutes after half-time.

Fisk scored Rovers third seven minutes from time, before Ruben Max-Grant grabbed a consolation two minutes later.


Buckingham Town 0-5 St Neots Town.

The Robins crashed to a 5-0 defeat at home to St Neots in the Eagle Bitter Premier Division last Saturday. 

The story could have been much different as Town dominated the opening thirty minutes. Their visitors were made to defend for long periods and they only breached the Robins rear-guard on a handful of occasions as Town missed numerous chances. 

Aaron Brennan was very influential in the opening period as his passing and excellent runs opened up the visiting defence. 

In the first minute the St Neots centre back, Andy Chapman, headed narrowly over his own cross bar following a Meshach Cole cross. 

Brennan then had a powerful free-kick palmed over by the visiting 'keeper, Ben Webster, before the resultant corner caused mayhem. Ruben Max-Grant rose to head past Webster before Paul Carey acrobatically cleared the ball off the line. 

Cole and Max-Grant tested Webster but the 'keeper was equal to the test on each occasion. 

Max-Grant then produced an amazing piece of skill that saw him flick the ball from behind him, over his own head and the defender in front of him, before volleying the ball as it came down. Every supporter in Town's biggest league attendance of the season, 94, enjoyed such skill. 

On thirty minutes, and against the run of play, Wes Byrne produced a left wing centre that wing-back Andy Grieve shot past Andy Partlow in the Robins goal, that took a slight deflection off Tony Joyce. 

A minutes later, Vince Petty latched onto a through ball and with only Partlow to beat produced a glaring miss. Petty made amends two minutes before the break when he shot home after more good work from Byrne. 

A minute after the restart, Referee Earl awarded the harshest penalty seen at Ford Meadow for a few years. On the edge of the penalty area on the right-hand side of the pitch, Brennan attempted a clearance up the field but in doing so the ball hit a divot and sat up sharply. Brennan's natural follow through saw the top of his arm touch the ball and go airwards. Earl pointed to the spot despite very few appeals from the visiting forwards. 

The game simmered away with some competitive tackles being made by both sides. 

The lively Byrne then scored from a corner in the 76th minute before rounding off the win in injury time. 



Desborough Town 2-1 Buckingham Town.

The Robins went down to a narrow 2-1 defeat at Desborough on Tuesday evening. Michael Chong gave Desborough the lead in the 22nd minute before his side were reduced to ten men following the sending off of Mike McConnell eleven minutes later. Despite their advantage, the Robins battled hard before they received a massive blow just a minute from half-time. Chong was again the Desborough marksman as his strike helped give his side a two goal lead at the break. The second half saw Abdul Abdi grab a goal back in the 61st minute but it was not enough as the home side held on for the three points.

Buckingham Town 0-3 Desborough Town.

Buckingham Town were defeated by a strong Desborough side at Ford Meadow last Saturday. Morell Maison was again forced to shuffle his team as Captain Zeppi Lagioia and Neal Butler both had injuries, while Reuben Max-Grant, the winner of the Eagle Bitter goalscorer of the month for February, was on holiday.

After the early exchanges, Gilbert pounced on a through ball and calmly slotted past Robins 'keeper Andy Partlow to give his side the lead after 28 minutes.

With the pitch cutting up, Desborough looked a solid unit and the Robins failed to craft any clear cut chances.

Three minutes before the break, Gilsenan cleverly forced Robins defender Steve Cooper to a challenge before shooting home. Gilsenan and Chong both had great chances as the away side pressed to add to their lead. On 52 minutes Gilsenan collected the ball thirty yards out and rifled a shot past Partlow.

Despite struggling to break down Desborough, the Robins had two penalty appeals turned down within the space of five minutes, due to the introduction of Steve Hall. Hall battled and competed to unsettle the Desborough defence before Meshach Cole broke and was bundled to the ground by McConnell. Hall was then fouled by the same defender, again on the break, but again appeals were waved away. Hall was carried off for his efforts.

Report by Andy Bone.

 Buckingham Town 0-1 Ford Sports Daventry.

Buckingham Town conceded yet another late goal as they slumped to a 1-0 defeat by reigning champions Ford Sports at Ford Meadow on Tuesday evening.

It was pretty poor match, with the heavy rain which made the surface increasingly treacherous not helping the entertainment.

Defeat was a little harsh on the Robins who had eight regulars missing, perhaps a draw would have been the fair result, as they enjoyed much the better of the territorial advantage in the second half.

They also started the first half promisingly and, with Neil Butler and Jonathan Powell prompting well in midfield, they went close on several occasions early on.

The visitors had difficulty dealing with Ruben Max-Grant’s first-minute cross and Carroll’s shot was deflected wide after former Town ’keeper Graham Bott had made a mess of a long cross.

Bott made amends shortly afterwards to deny Meshach Cole.

But Ford gradually got to terms with the Robins midfield and it was they who controlled the match leading up to half-time.

Andy Partlow made a fine point-blank save from Evans, former Robin James Sugrue fired narrowly wide and Ross shot wide when well-placed.

And the Robins had a real let-off when Adam Chapman clearly handled in the box, the officials apparently being the only ones in the ground not to see it.

Partlow was called into action to save from Ross in the first minute of the second half, but thereafter most of the play took part in the visitors’ half.

For all the Robins’ territorial advantage, chances were few and far between, although Cole’s good run down the right ended with Bott blocking his effort, while Darren Dykes wasn’t far away with a good shot.

Ford were relying on the quick break, and it reaped dividends when they grabbed the only goal with just eight minutes remaining.

The Robins have made a habit of conceding late goals in recent matches, and when they failed to clear a right-wing cross, Evans was on hand to bundle the ball over the line.

Report by

Bugbrooke St Michaels 4-4 Buckingham Town.

The Robins squandered a three goal lead as they drew a thrilling encounter 4-4 at Bugbrooke on Wednesday evening.

Leading marksman, Meshach Cole, put the Robins ahead on 10 minutes before the recently returned Dean Chapman increased their lead on the half hour.

Andy Adam grabbed a goal back five minutes before the break.

The second half saw Abdul Abdi score the Robins third on 51 minutes, before Cole looked to have given Town the points with his second on the night on 65 minutes.

Amazingly, efforts from Andy Sprolls 75th minute and Cory Gilkes, 87 minutes, gave the game an exciting finish before Andy Roberts popped up five minutes into injury time to level with a dramatic equaliser.

Thanks to Andy Bone for the report.

Holbeach United 2-2 Buckingham Town.

The Robins conceded two late Holbeach goals to share the spoils in a 2-2 draw last Saturday, although Manager, Morell Maison, felt it was a fair result over the duration of the game. Maison said " We had a great first half but we could not hold out any longer in the second period. Although I would have settled for a point before we left, I felt a draw was a fair result overall" he added.

Maison was forced to leave out the injured Adam Bryden, while the leading marksman, Meshach Cole, was named on the bench after he had 'flu.

They were boosted though by the return of defensive duo Dean Chapman and Simon Carmichael who have rejoined from Barton Rovers, while new signing, Stephen Hall, was given his Robins debut after having played local football.

Despite the long journey, Town had an explosive start when the linesman flagged an infringement in the Holbeach area after only three minutes.

After missing a penalty in the week, newly appointed taker, Ruben Max-Grant, calmly stroked home the spot kick to give them the lead. Max-Grant then scored his eleventh goal in eleven games to extend the Robins' lead, with only 14 minutes on the clock.

The Robins continued to enjoy the much better of the first half and deservedly went in with a two-goal lead at the break.

The second half was a different affair with the home side growing in confidence as they gradually pegged the Robins back in their own half.

It looked like Town might hold out until Ian Dunn grabbed a goal back with ten minutes remaining. Darren Eady completed the comeback when he grabbed an equaliser with just three minutes left to earn his side a point.

Ironically just as the Robins had done against Holbeach in the reverse fixture last October. TEAM; A.PARTLOW, M.LAGIOIA, A.CHAPMAN, S.CARMICHAEL, D.CHAPMAN. Z.LAGIOIA, N.BUTLER, B.CASCOE, D.DYKES. R.MAX-GRANT, S.HALL.


Buckingham Town 3-1 Wellingborough Town.

The Robins made it back to back victories when they won their second game in four days with a 3-1 victory over Wellingborough Town on Tuesday evening.

After defeating Eynesbury on Saturday, the Robins picked up where they left off by taking the lead in the fifth minute. Darren Dykes collected the ball outside the area and crashed home a long range effort. The ball deceived the opposition goalkeeper and flew in to give Dykes his first goal for the club.

Despite being on top for much of the game, former Robin, Mark Jameson, equalised for the Doughboys with a piece of quick thinking after pouncing on a goalkeeping mistake in the 21st minute.

On 34 minutes the Robins bounced back to take the lead when Massimo Lagioia joined Dykes on the scoresheet by adding his first goal in Robins colours.

Meshach Cole was then hero and villian as he put a penalty over the bar before ensuring the Robins sealed victory with a 70th minute strike.

Back to back victories in the space of four days have now seen the Robins progress steadily up the table.

 Buckingham Town 3-2 Eynesbury Rovers.

A Ruben Max-Grant brace and a strike from Meshach Cole gave the Robins victory over Eynesbury in a hard fought encounter at Ford Meadow last Saturday.

The pitch looked magnificent thanks to the efforts of Ground staff Robin Taylor, Phil Runnicles and Ray Adams. A much different story to that of just five days earlier when it was under water.

Despite their lowly league placing, Eynesbury enjoyed the better of the early exchanges, with the Robins 'keeper, Andy Partlow, twice foiling Gary White when he was bearing down on goal. Max-Grant, volleying over a Cole cross, was a rare guilt-edged chance for Town, as the visitors grew in confidence.

On 22 minutes Eynesbury took the lead after Scott Wormall broke the offside trap. The visiting striker calmly slotted home from the edge of the area after Partlow lost his footing in attempting a clearance.

The goal spurred Town into action as the midfield of the fast improving Darren Dykes, newcomer Neal Butler and Skipper Zeppi Lagioia battled hard. Max-Grant had a far post header cleared off the line from a Cole cross in the 32nd minute.

 On the stroke of half-time Dykes showed guile in the middle of the park before releasing Max-Grant. The tall striker took the ball into the area before shooting across the advancing Vinny Warkman into the far corner of the net.

The Robins emerged from the dressing room more determined and began to gradually stamp their authority on the game. Only a great tackle from Dave Goodhall prevented Cole from outpacing the visiting defence after a Dykes pass in the 65th minute.

With eight minutes remaining and following a spell of being pegged back, the visiting defence finally gave way. An Adam Bryden free-kick was flicked on by Cole before Max-Grant took advantage of a defensive mix-up to lift the ball over Warkman and give the Robins the lead.

On 87 minutes the move of the match resulted in the Robins increasing their lead. Substitute, Abdul Abdi, collected the ball in his own half and played a series of passes with Max-Grant before the latter showed great vision in switching the play to release Zeppi Lagioia. The midfielder took one touch before crashing a shot past Warkman and onto the crossbar. As the rebound fell to Cole, Town's leading marksman stroked the ball into the net.

 In injury time, Steve White slotted home a penalty after Warren Kee was adjudged to have brought down Gary White.

Report by Andy Bone.

Boston Town 5-3 Buckingham Town.

The Robins lost at Eagle Bitter Premier Division leaders Boston after conceding two late goals in a 5-3 defeat.

Andy Partlow played after Chris Chandler had to work, while Scott Turner came back into the side to replaced the recently departed Rory Bray.

After conceding an early goal, Zeppi Lagioia equalized on 30 minutes.

Boston then went 3-1 after scoring in the 52 and 57th minutes, before Adam Brydon pulled a goal back on the hour.

Seven minutes later the Robins were level when Ruben Max-Grant scored.

With four minutes remaining, Boston scored twice to clinch victory, although the Robins had fought hard with a spirited performance.


Report by Andy Bone from the message board.

AFC Wallingford 8-0 Buckingham Town

Robins goalkeeper, Chris Chandler, produced an outstanding display as Buckingham Town crashed out of the Berks and Bucks Senior Cup at Wallingford. But for Chandler's antics, the Robins could have conceded more goals than the eight they did on a pitch that half resembled a bog, and half that was covered in snow and ice.

Morell Maison had a day he would rather forget as two of his central defenders drop out as he travelled to the game. Ben Cascoe had a car accident and was taken to hospital, while Warren Kee pulled out with flu. In addition, Abdul Amour, found out his brother and his friend had been killed in an accident that morning and played, although was clearly shaken, and was replaced at half-time.

With a last minute line-up change, the Robins started fairly brightly with Ruben Maxwell-Grant forcing the home keeper Rutherford to save well on three occasions. The 15th minute saw Gary Stevens and Ian Concannon both bring out superb saves from Chandler following some fragile Robins defending.

A minute later Concannon gave the home side the lead after slotting through the legs of Chandler, before Barry Primmer produced a delightful chip from the edge of the area to double the lead four minutes later. The next ten minutes saw the skills of Maxwell-Grant give him in a number of opportunities that Rutherford was equal to on each occasion as the Robins looked better going forward than they did defending..

In the 37th minute, Rory Bray was shown his second yellow card for dissent at a time the Robins wanted players to show commitment rather than frustration.

The opening fifteen minutes of the second half saw Wallingford score three times thanks to Concannon (47) and a brace from Bradley Ward (55,60). With Chandler performing superbly in the Robins goal, it took two excellent finishes from substitute Peter Bryan (69,73) to beat him.

With eight minutes remaining Primmer rounded off the scoring, although there was still time for Chandler to show off his talents.

Report by Andy Bone.

Buckingham Town: Chris Chandler, Massimo Lagioia, Giuseppe Lagioia, Adam Bryden, Keith Justin (Capt.) Rory Bray, Abdul Abdi, Ruben Max-Grant, Abdul Amour (Chidma Nduka 45), Meshach Cole, Delroy McKoy. Subs not used: Warren Lee, Bevan Daniels.

Buckingham Town 2-3 Winslow United

A Paul Talbot brace helped give Winslow United victory over Buckingham Town in the Buckingham Charity Cup second round fixture on Tuesday evening.

Talbot scored twice in four minutes mid-way through the second half to help his side edge into the quarter finals.

The game had a lively opening with Town forward, Ruben Maxwell-Grant, showing great skill, after just three minutes, to open up the Winslow defence before firing well wide. A minute later, a Talbot free-kick, from twenty yards out, deflected off the Town wall and looped over Robins 'keeper, Chris Chandler, onto the top of the bar.

Winslow keeper, Simon Rolfe, was very fortunate to escape with only a booking in the seventh minute. Meshach Cole out paced the visitors defence, following a through ball from debutant, Lewis Julius, and had his shot palmed away by Rolfe, who was four yards out of his area. Instead of producing an automatic red card, Mr Batchelor ironically showed charity with a yellow.

The let off spurred Winslow into action as they proceeded to enjoy much the better of the first half. Winslow only failed to score due to Chandler producing a string of great saves, combined with a number of misses involving Pete McGuiness and Andy Goates.

An excellent near post run at Winslow corner, on 36 minutes, caused havoc in the home defence and Stuart Tavenor tapped in from two yards to give his side the lead.

The second half saw the Robins reply instantly when Rolfe allowed a Dave Fenton shot from the edge of the box, somehow, through his grasp.

As the home side began to assert some authority on the game following their equaliser, Winslow took advantage of the Robins defending high up the pitch. Goates again finding Chandler in excellent form from only three yards out.

On the hour, good interplay on the right flank between Goates and McGuiness, resulted in Talbot finishing the move to give his side the lead. Four minutes later, a through ball saw Talbot time his run before calmly slotting past the advancing Chandler.

Although the Robins had more of the possession in the final quarter of the match, they never tested Rolfe until the final minute. Substitute, Delroy McKoy, grabbing some late consolation, after shooting across Rolfe, and in off the far post, following a Maxwell-Grant knock down.

Report by Andy Bone.

Potton United 0-6 Buckingham Town

Buckingham Town returned to action last Saturday after a weather-enforced three-week lay-off in the best possible manner, hammering Potton 6-0.

True, Potton are struggling at the foot of the table, but full credit must go to Town for a fine and powerful performance.

They were still without several regulars due to work commitments and holidays, but manager Morell Maison said he was well pleased with the way all the hard work the players had put in at training during the lay-off came to fruition and was rewarded with three points.

There was no sign of the inactivity as they were straight out of the traps to put the home side under immediate pressure.

They went close a couple of times before Chidma Nduka fired them in front inside 10 minutes with a real 35-yard screamer into the top corner.

That was just the start they needed and, with skipper Scott Turner outstanding in midfield, they went on to control all aspects of the game.

Meshach Cole got the second with a shot into the bottom corner and the impressive Ruben Max-Grant rounded the ’keeper to make it 3-0 before half-time.

There was no let-up by the Robins and the fourth soon arrived at the end of a superb five-man move that concluded with Nduka squaring the ball for Dave Fenton to fire home.

Cole grabbed his second from a Nduka cross before Max-Grant rounded of a very satisfying display by hitting his second and his side’s sixth.

Report by


Buckingham Town 1-3 Cogenhoe U

Despite a goal from Delroy McCoy on his debut, the Robins went down 3-1 at home to Cogenhoe.

Rain and a heavy pitch didn't help good football to be played, although both sides did their best.

Robins went a goal behind after only five minutes before a cracking free kick from McCoy flew into the net just before the break.

Another goal conceded early in the second half before Grant and Cole both had goals disallowed for offside.

Zeppi Lagioia was sent off for comments made to the Referee before Cogenhoe sealed the win ten minutes from time.

Buckingham Town 0-4 Raunds Town

The Robins go down 4-0 at home to an excellent Raunds Town side. Rory Bray is sent off after 32 minutes and Raunds miss a penalty.

Wellingborough T 3-4 Buckingham Town

The Robins new-look side returned from their visit to Wellingborough with all three points after a 4-3 victory, plus they played the last twenty minutes with ten men.

The game started with a minutes silence to mark the death of ex-Robin, Steve Searle, who was killed last night (Friday) in a head on car crash. Searle who played against the Robins for MK City in our FA Vase clash three weeks ago, was killed when he was on his way to sign for Wootton Blue Cross. We wish the Searle family all our support at this difficult time.

When the game did begin, it was the Robins, fielding new players, who started brightly.

A new defence of Ben Cascoe, signed from Tooting, Adam Chapman, joining from Potton, and Adam Bryden, on loan from Aylesbury, all had superb games. Scott Turner, signed from Barton Rovers, showed great passing and excellent work rate in midfield, while Meshach Cole returned from suspension and partnered Ruben Max Grant up front.

Robins opened the scoring after fifteen minutes when a break away down the left saw new-boy Turner centre, only for the clearance to fall to Abdul Abdi on the edge of the box. Abdi hit a shot that hit the inside of the left-hand upright and came back to Cole who had his shot hit the Goalkeeper. With the Keeper on the ground and attempting to salvage the ball, Ruben Max Grant used two quick feet to beat him before stroking the ball into the net.

With Chris Chandler not having much to do, Turner continued to impress in midfield, while the defence looked more solid than in previous games. The welcomed return of Cole boosted the attack.

Five minutes to half-time a Rory Bray through ball was latched onto by Cole, who calmly doubled the lead with a left foot shot.

Three minutes after the restart, Abdi put through Cole who was tripped and the Referee gave a penalty. A harsh decision.

Bray saw the keeper dive to his right so went for the opposite corner only to strike the bottom of the post and see the ball go to safety.

On the hour Max Grant was fouled and a 20 man brawl followed with two Wellingborough players getting booked afterwards.

From the free kick, Abdi got two shots at goal after his first one rebounded back to him, the second went into the bottom right hand corner with a hint of a deflection.

On 63 minutes, Gareth Linnard, on-loan from Aylesbury, replaced Abdul Aziz and showed some great touches on the right flank with the Robins playing some super football and apparently cruising. This was all to change !!

Abdi then felled a Wellingborough forward on 70 minutes and was booked for dissent after the Referee gave another harsh penalty.Ex Robin, Mark Jameson, shot past Chandler to make it 1-3.

Within a minute a clumsy tackle by Abdi gave the Referee no option but to send him off as the game swung in a minute.

Down to ten men, Robins then proceeded to look the better side.

This was confirmed when with eight minutes left, Max Grant latched on to and back pass and after going around the Keeper, he chipped the last defender to make it 4-1.

Mark Jameson then made Chandler produce an outstanding save with only a minute remaining.

The home side then scored two goals in injury time to make the score look respectable, although it was three points for the Robins and smiles for the twelve Robins fans in the crowd of only 29.



Blackstone 11-1 Buckingham Town

The Robins suffered a heavy defeat going down 11-1 at Blackstone after a'new' side was fielded due to injury, work and suspension.

The list of players missing was like a team sheet from a previous match !!

Keith Justin, Zeppi Lagioia, Abdul Aziz and Marcellus Carayol were all injured, while Dave Fenton was absent with flu.

Abdul Abdi was on holiday, Adam Turner, Richard Nugent and Godfrey Ingram were all working, while Rory Bray (7 days) and Alan Collins (135 days) were suspended.

Dean Chapman has left the club and has gone to Barton Rovers.

To sum up the day, Tony Aluko slipped over in the car park and twisted his ankle !!.

Morell Maison travelled with only eleven players and was therefore forced to play himself !!

The line-up gave debuts to three youngsters from Aylesbury, Andy Goddard, Gareth Linford and Danny Grey, Tyronne Taylor was promoted from the Robins U18 squad, plus Ruben Max-Grant, a centre forward of Heskey-build, played after joining from Bletchley.

Max-Grant hit the post and scored although the Robins were well beaten.


Milton Keynes City 2-1 Buckingham Town

A goal eight minutes from time saw the Robins lose their FA Vase First Round game 2-1 against Milton Keynes City.

Terry Shrieves scored for MK after just nine minutes following a great save from Justin Hartley.

The match was a real battle in midfield on a heavy pitch which got worse as the game went on.

Five minutes into the second half, Godfrey Ingram equalised as Town came back into the game.

Robins, missing several key players, never really got the grip on the game they should have as pumping long balls into the channels seemed to benefit the home side greatly.

From such a ball, with just eight minutes left, a left wing cross was headed in by Wayne Calder at the near post.

Around half of the 143 crowd counted was from BTFC, with many people now starting to follow the side again. This can only be good for the Robins.

Morell Maison was disappointed after the game with his sides display and a trip to Kempston on Tuesday will see them have the chance to bounce back.



Report by Andy Bone.

Buckingham Town 2-1 Stony Stratford

Morell Maison rested five players as the Robins eased past ten men Stony
Stratford 2-1 in the Buckingham Charity Cup, First Round.

After again going a goal down in the opening five minutes, the Robins, who
were missing Ingram, Turner, Fenton, Chapman (All rested) and Meshach Cole
(Suspended) saw Stony Stratford compete in every department.

The game did have spells of discontent that saw Collins, Bray and Justin all

Then Rory Bray equalised before the visiting centre back was sent off for a
foul on Abdul Abdi.

The second half saw Stratford tire as they struggled to keep up the high work
rate of the first half, plus they were down to ten men.

The Robins got on top and a Bray run saw the forward tripped and Collins
calmly put away the spot-kick.

Collins then fell on his ankle, and was carried from the field, leaving him
almost certainly out of the FA Vase tie at MK City on Saturday.

Town now face Winslow in the Second Round.

Report by Andy Bone.

Buckingham Town 2-2 Holbeach United

Ford Meadow witnessed a scrappy, sometimes ill-tempered game, which ended in
a 2-2 draw between two of the better Eagle Bitter League sides this season.

Holbeach took the lead in the opening ten minutes when they carved open the
Town defence.

Rory Bray then headed over from five yards out as Town came close to an

The rest of the first half was a scrappy affair with an inconsistant Referee
booking four Robins players - Bray, Collins, Abdi and Turner - for dissent,
while heavy tackles from both sides went unpunished.

One such tackled resulted in Town having to replace Alan Collins with KC
Madabuko at the break.

With Robins already without the suspended Meshach Cole, Town fans did wonder
where the goals would come from as despite a lot of play they never created
the clear cut chances that their hard work had deserved.

In fact Madabuko added a much needed physical presence in the midfield and
his shutting down lead to Town pressing more and more.

Bray struck a post while other shots were blocked or saved.

Holbeach increased against the run of play after a corner was headed on at
the near post for Dunn to head home.

With the Robins seemingly down and out the game swung in one crazy minute.

A long ball over the top saw Bray latch onto it, despite appearing offside,
and he calmly slotted past Tigers Keeper Bunce.

After the restart, Holbeach lost the ball and a through ball saw Bunce
attempt to clear, only to kick the ball against the shin of Bray and the ball
flew into the net.

More silly bookings followed, while new keeper Chris Chandler made some great
saves and looks a great signing.

The bar afterwards had plenty of talking points on an interesting afternoon
of football.


Report gratefully received from Andy Bone, programme editor. 

Buckingham Town 1-2 Wootton Blue Cross

Robins lost the only unbeaten UCL record left in the league when they went
down 1-2 at home to Wootton Blue Cross.

On a dreadful night at Ford Meadow, Danny Bartley gave the visitors the lead
after only one minute after he was given room to finish.

Darak Jozwaik and Jean both missed other chances without ten minutes gone on
the clock.

After a poor opening, Town gradually got to grips with life and equalised
mid-way through the first half when Rory Bray headed in a Abdi corner.

With conditions and bad defending contributing to open play, Jozwaik grabbed
a second for Blue Cross just befoe half-time.

The second half, like the first, was a sloppy affair, although Town did
dominate a large part of it, plus they defended much better.

Rory Bray battled well up front and carved out a chance which somehow the
visiting defence and keeper managed to block three times.

Although Town went close at the end, a miserable night added to a first home
defeat of the 2000/01 campaign.

Chandler, Caine, Aluko, Chapman, Justin, Fenton, Abdi, Bray, Collins, Ingram,
Subs: Clark, Lagioia, Dedman, Carmichael, Nduka.

Match report by Andy Bone.

St Neots Town 2-2 Buckingham Town

The Robins started well taking the lead in the 30th minute after Meshach Cole back heeled to Dave Fenton who put the ball away well.

New signing Nicky Caine from Brache Sparta had a good debut game in defence and Godfrey Ingram and Meshach Cole went close to adding to the score before half time with near misses.

The Robins began the second half on top again, pushing into the St Neots half for long periods, but were hit hard by the red carding of Tony Aluko for allegedly elbowing a St Neots player.

St Neots pushed forward after this, forcing some good saves from 16 year old keeper Tom Clark. In the 83rd minute though, they managed to break through and McCrennan scored the equaliser. Two minutes later Spencer added to their tally to make it 2-1. Morell Maison responded by pushing Abdi forward and replacing Cole and Bray with Adam Dedman and Steve Jackson. In injury time Dean Chapman chipped the ball for Abdi to lift it over the keeper for a late equaliser that they thougherly deserved.

Buckingham Town 3-1 Long Buckby

A Meshach Cole hat-trick helped the Robins defeat bottom placed Long Buckby
on a wet and windy night at Ford Meadow.

Cole gave the Robins the lead after just two minutes when he shot home to
score goal number nine for the season.

To be fair to Long Buckby they created a number of great chances which they
failed to score from, for the next twenty-eight minutes.

Then on the half-hour mark, slack defending saw Ian Wilkinson run onto a
through ball and slot home.

The next five minutes saw Buckby grow in confidence and some outstanding
saves from Robins keeper Justin Hartley kept his side in the game.

On 42 minutes Cole restored the Robins lead against the run of play as again
his pace took him clear of the visiting back-line before he shot home.

The second half was a different story as Alan Collins struck the up-right
while Robins gradually got more of a grip on the game.

New signing, Adam Deadman, released by Northampton last season, replaced the
injuried Richards and impressed at the heart of the defence with pace and
good passing skills.

Mid-way through the second half, Cole scored his second hat-trick in three
games to put the game out of the reach of the visiting Buckby side.

Another three points and a valuable win against a Buckby side who will
surprise a few people if they take their chances.

Hartley, Richards (Deadman), Turner, Chapman (Carayol), Justin, Fenton
(Nduka), Abdi, Bray, Collins, Cole, Jackson - Sub not used KC Madabuko.

Many thanks to Andy Bone for the match report.

Buckingham Town 3-1 Stanway Rovers

Former Luton and Cardiff star, Godfrey Ingram, bagged a brace as Buckingham Town defeated Stanway Rovers 3-1 to progress in the FA Vase at Ford Meadow.

After the early exchanges were scrappy, the visitors grew in confidence and took the lead after twenty minutes when Skipper Rob Bate drove an unstoppable shot past Robins keeper Justin Hartley from twenty-five yards.

Eight minutes later the Robins were level. After Meshach Cole centred to Alan Collins, the forward pulled the ball back and Ingram stabbed home at the near post.

Cole and Adam Turner both went close before on the stroke of half-time Buckingham took the lead.

Persistant work from Dave Fenton saw Collins and Cole combine before Ingram shot past Rovers Keeper Nathan Munson.

The second half saw the match swing in three minutes as Richard Clarke missed a guilt edge chance following a through ball, which left him one-on-one with Hartley.

As the ball came clear, Okasie Madubuko took the ball up field before releasing Cole who bounced off three challenges before finishing in style with a left-foot shot.

The final moments saw both sides miss chances before the final whistle blew.

BUCKINGHAM: Hartley, Aluko (Justin), Richards, Chapman, Bray, Fenton, Ingram (Madabuko), Collins, Cole, Turner (Jackson)

STANWAY; Muson, Brierley, Jones, Bate, Jackson, Johnson, Symes, Gray, Clarke, Sapey, Longman(Branon)

Match report by Andy Bone. (Programme Editor.)

Buckingham Town 7-2 Bourne Town

Buckingham Town went goal crazy as they defeated Bourne 7-2 at Ford Meadow. The Robins began the goal feast as Alan Collins scored twice in the opening five minutes. He latched onto a Dave Fenton near-post cross after only two minutes before Meshach Cole gave his marker the slip, showed great pace and crossed to the far post for Collins to make it 2-0.

On 20 minutes, Adam Turner unleashed a rocket-shot into the top right hand corner as the Robins dominated.Simon Down headed in a Robertson corner on 31 minutes as Bourne came back into the game.

A ball over the top saw Turner win the ball with shear determination and tap in from inches out on 55 minutes.

Bourne sub, John Morton pulled a goal back for the visitors when he headed home a left wing cross on 68 minutes. Abdul Abi replaced Godfrey Ingram a minute later.

In three minutes of hectic action, Guiseppe Lagioia was pulled down and from his free-kick, Meshach Cole headed home at the near post.

With numerous chances at both ends, Cole then saw a goal ruled out for offside.Steve Jackson replaced Adam Turner, while Chidma Nduka came on for Lagioia after the midfielder was cruelly hacked down from behind.

With two minutes remaining, Cole latched onto two through balls to calmly slot home on both occasions as the Robins scored seven goals for the first time in a match since 1990 against Baldock Town.

A special mention to the Referee Mr Neil Davies who enjoyed a man of the match performance !!

Report by Andy Bone. Thanks Andy!

Tiptree United 6-2 Buckingham Town

The Robins paid the full price for defensive deficiencies as they crashed out of the FA Cup 6-2 at Tiptree last Saturday.

It was a disappointing way to lose their unbeaten record although, in their defence, they were missing five of the players who helped to beat Halstead in the previous round a week earlier.

Having said that, they never really produced the quick-passing game they have been displaying. Manager Morell Maison said afterwards: “It was disappointing to go out through a catalogue of errors rather than being beaten by a really good side.  “I will continue trying to strengthen the defence. “I thought Tiptree were a poorer side than Halstead, but having five players missing was too much for us.” Maison had special praise for 16-year-old youth team player Tom Clark, who replaced Andy Partlow in goal,and added that no blame could be attached to him for any of the goals.

Bradley gave Tiptree the lead midway through the first half, but Meshach Cole hit a fine equaliser two minutes before the break.

Hopes were high at that stage, but defensive errors, two of them from Godfrey Ingram playing as sweeper, allowed the home side to race into a 4-1 lead with goals from Warren, Maybury and Powell. Tony Aluko pulled one back in the 76th minute but, as the Robins pushed more men forward, they were twice caught out as Bradley and French (penalty) added late goals.

Report by Barry Abraham from the Buckingham Advertiser.

Buckingham Town 4-0 Sharnbrook

Buckingham Town beat Sharnbrook by 4 goals to 0 in the first round of the
Eagle Bitter League Cup.
The Robins who should have had a cricket score took the lead through Abdul
Abdi after hitting the woodwork on 3 occasions. An Alan Collins rocket free
kick increased the Robins lead before a Meshach Cole header made it three
from an Adam Turner centre. Collins made it five goals in four games when he
completed the scoring in injury time.

Many thanks to Andy Bone for the above match report.

Buckingham Town 4-1 Halstead Town   ATT 102

2 - MATT CHINNERY (Halstead)
7 - ADAM TURNER (Robins)
45 - ALAN COLLINS (Robins)

2nd half
75 - DAVE FENTON (Robins)
85 - DEAN CHAPMAN (Robins)

After Halstead arrived at 2.50pm they soon took an early lead - Chinnery
scoring after a defensive mix-up in the home side.

Adam Turner headed in an equaliser five minutes later, before Meshach Cole
was sent off for swearing mid-way through the first half.

Alan Collins kept up his goal a game record when he shot home following great
skills from Robins former Luton and Cardiff star Godfrey Ingram.

Ingram showed classy touches in midfield and look outstanding while Rory Bray
supported well with a mixture of good passing and tough tackling. On the
flanks Dean Chapman and Guiseppe Lagioia both put in a great deal of work.

Andy Partlow made some fine saves to keep his team in it, while the debutant
Stephen Hall showed great pace at the back, which complemented Lee Richards
and Adam Turner.

Up front Alan Collins worked hard on his own, but linked up the play superbly.

On 75 minutes Dave Fenton, who never stopped running all afternoon slotted
home after good work from substitute Abdul Abdi.

Five minutes from time Dean Chapman ensure the Robins will travel to Tiptree.

Many thanks to Andy Bone for the above match report.

Buckingham Town v Potton United 19 August

The first league home match of the season against Potton was an exciting and eventful match with seven goals, a red card, a missed penalty, a disputed penalty and a last minute winner.

Dave Fenton gave Buckingham the lead after 6 minutes. They would have been two up after 8 minutes after but missed a penalty which was easily saved by the keeper. Soon after (11 minutes) Potton equalised with a goal from Westcott. They would have gone ahead except for a goal line clearance after about 16 minutes. Buckingham went 2-1 up after 40 minutes from an Alan Collins goal,  but Cremlin  got one back for Potton on 44 minutes and the half finished 2-2.

The beginning of the second half was a bad tempered affair after Potton went ahead from a penalty converted by Westcott in the 53rd minute. Keeper Andy Partlow disputed the decision and was sent off with a second yellow card for targeting insulting remarks toward the referee. The Robins started to play better later in the half and Meshach Cole equalised with 11 minutes left. It seemed a draw would have to do, but a minute from time, Meshach Cole managed a foot to the ball and it roled slowly in for a goal. The Robins players and fans celebrated.

Buckingham had maybe 70% of the play and could have sealed up the match early on and relaxed, but their missed penalty and disputed penalty against them unnerved them, they lost their way and they didn’t recover until near the end.

Still this is a much better start to the season than last year and there is much to be positive about.

By Dave Robson.

Ford Sports Daventry v Buckingham Town 15 August

Rory Bray gave Buckingham Town the lead in the fifth minute after an excellent flowing move and Alan Collins made it 2-0 in the 42nd minute from a free kick. Hard physical play in the second half resulted in Rory Bray suffering a broken rib from a chest high tackle and other players also picked up injuries. Former Robins player James Sugrue pulled one back in the 48th minute before, 17 minutes later keeper Andy Partlow appeared to get the ball cleanly but although the linesman kept his flag down, the referee gave a penalty which O’Neil duly scored.

Although there was disappointment after being 2-0 up, nevertheless Buckingham should be pleased with a draw against last years champions.  

Stotfold v Buckingham Town  12 August

An excellent start to the season against a strong Stotfold side saw a game that Buckingham had the best of in terms of possession and they dominated for long periods. Stotfold had just two shots, both off target in the first half, whilst Meshack Cole and Abdul Abdi missed good chances at the other end. Stotfold started the second half better, but from a move that started in the Robins own box, Guiseppe Lagioia fed the ball to Meshach Cole who passed his marker and crossed to Alan Collins who shot the ball in to the corner of the net. The Robins continued to press forward looking to add to their lead, but with 10 minutes remaining a poor clearance caught out the Buckingham defense and Stotfold drew level. With only 2 minutes left Meshack Cole beat a defender and the goalkeeper but put the ball wide of the post.